Finding your perfect training plan is essential to any fitness plan. Training provides a stimulus to your body so it can grow stronger, and there are many factors within a training plan that effect just how much your body can evolve.
This series will review the key concepts and foundational principles that need to be considered when devising a training regimen. We will focus on two of the most common goals in fitness: muscle growth and fat loss.
Some topics that will be covered in this series include:
- Understanding muscle growth
- The importance of progressive overload
- Finding your training age, and how it affects your muscle growth
- The "Big 3" of a training program: intensity, volume, and frequency
- How to choose the right exercises
- How to order your exercises for optimal performance
- How to perform exercises for maximum muscle growth
- How to periodize your training regimen to avoid stalls in progress
- The importance of rest and recovery in your training plan
Each part of this series will base it’s content on clinical studies (read: no bro science!), providing you with information that is well supported and thoroughly tested.