This workout emphasizes unilateral work to ensure you don't have any imbalances while you burn fat and retain muscle. In today's fitness culture, barbell work is extremely common. Barbell exercises are great as they typically emphasize multiple muscle groups with a heavy weight, but they don't allow you to address imbalances between the two sides of your body. With unilateral exercises, that problem is addressed. By isolating the two sides of your body from each other, you can see if one side is lagging and fix that issue. For this reason, this workout incorporates unilateral exercises in circuit style training, which will help you build strength and burn fat as well.
Complete one set of each of the 7 exercises with very little to no rest in between them. This completes one circuit. Take a breather, no more than 2 minutes and repeat the same circuit again for a total of 4-6 rounds. Intermediates looking to burn fat and keep their body in balance should try this workout.
1. Before starting the workout, do dynamic stretching for all body parts and joints. Post completion of the workout do static stretching for all body parts.
2. Make sure to perform each and every exercise with proper form. Do not rush to complete the reps while compromising form. This may lead to unnecessary injury.
3. Always perform equal reps on both the limbs. If one limb is weaker than the other, starting the set with the weaker limb is highly recommended.
4. You can replace an exercise from the list, with another exercise, from time to time but it should be a unilateral movement and should work the same muscle group.
5. Stick to a well-structured diet, consisting of complex carbs, high quality proteins and healthy fats, for optimal results.