Free personalized workout plan

2 Suns 5/3/1 Linear Progression (6 Day-Squat)

By nSuns

Experience

Beginner (1-2 years)

Days per week

6 days

Time

55 minutes

Genders

Female, Male

Goals

Build Muscle (Female | Male)
Gain Strength (Female | Male)
Powerlifting (Female | Male)
Description

The2 Suns Linear Progression version of 5/3/1 is great for beginners because it immediately gets them accustomed to higher training frequency, whereas many novice programs only call for 3x weekl

Show More

Equipment

Barbell, Bodyweight, Cable, Dumbbell, Machine, Pull up bar

Average Exertion

70%

Average Cardio Intensity

30%

Workout Type

Split

Experience

Beginner (1-2 years)

Time

55 minutes

Genders

Female, Male

Days per week

6 days

Goals

Build Muscle (Female | Male)
Gain Strength (Female | Male)
Powerlifting (Female | Male)
Description

The2 Suns Linear Progression version of 5/3/1 is great for beginners because it immediately gets them accustomed to higher training frequency, whereas many novice programs only call for 3x weekl

Show More

Equipment

Barbell, Bodyweight, Cable, Dumbbell, Machine, Pull up bar

Avg Exertion

70%

Workout Type

Split

Avg Cardio Intensity

30%

Week 1

From your 1 rep maxes (1RM) you calculate your true max(TM) by subtracting 10%.


Each week, increase your training max if you were able to complete all the reps.




Increase TM based on your performance in the 1+ sets(3rd set on Day 2,3,4 and 5).


0 no increase 1 - 2 add 5 lb 3 - 4 add 5 - 10 lb > 5 add 10 - 15 lb


Assistance work is done like bodybuilding, and can be changed to fit your needs.

assistance: chest, arms and back

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps)
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Pull-up3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: legs and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: shoulders and chest

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: back and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 50% of 1RM
3. Chin-up
Chin-up
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: arms and misc.

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Close-Grip Bench Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 2


assistance: chest, arms and back

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps)
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Pull-up3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: legs and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: shoulders and chest

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: back and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 50% of 1RM
3. Chin-up
Chin-up
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: arms and misc.

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Close-Grip Bench Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 3


assistance: chest, arms and back

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps)
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Pull-up3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: legs and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: shoulders and chest

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: back and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 50% of 1RM
3. Chin-up
Chin-up
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: arms and misc.

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Close-Grip Bench Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 4


assistance: chest, arms and back

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps)
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Pull-up3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: legs and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Lying Leg Curls3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: shoulders and chest

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: back and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 50% of 1RM
3. Chin-up
Chin-up
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: arms and misc.

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Close-Grip Bench Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Date Created: 2/11/20, 6:00 AM


Last Updated: 9/12/20, 9:39 PM

Similar Workouts

More Workouts by nSuns

Similiar split workouts

Workouts with similar equipment

6 day workouts that are 55 minutes