Free personalized workout plan

2 Suns 5/3/1 Linear Progression (5 day)

By Jim Wendler and n_suns.

Experience

Intermediate (2-3 years)

Days per week

5 days

Time

47 minutes

Genders

Female, Male

Goals

Build Muscle (Female | Male)
Gain Strength (Female | Male)
Powerlifting (Female | Male)
Description

The2 Suns Linear Progression version of 5/3/1 templateis great for beginners because it immediately gets them accustomed to higher training frequency, whereas many novice programs only cal

Show More

Average Exertion

70%

Average Cardio Intensity

30%

Workout Type

Split

Experience

Intermediate (2-3 years)

Time

47 minutes

Genders

Female, Male

Days per week

5 days

Goals

Build Muscle (Female | Male)
Gain Strength (Female | Male)
Powerlifting (Female | Male)
Description

The2 Suns Linear Progression version of 5/3/1 templateis great for beginners because it immediately gets them accustomed to higher training frequency, whereas many novice programs only cal

Show More

Equipment

Barbell, Bodyweight, Cable, Dumbbell, Machine

Avg Exertion

70%

Workout Type

Split

Avg Cardio Intensity

30%

Week 1

From your 1 rep maxes (1RM) you calculate your true max(TM) by subtracting 10%.

Each week, increase your training max if you were able to complete all the reps.


Increase TM based on your performance in the 1+ sets(3rd set on Day 2,3,4 and 5).

0 no increase 1 - 2 add 5 lb 3 - 4 add 5 - 10 lb > 5 add 10 - 15 lb

Assistance work is done like bodybuilding, and can be changed to fit your needs.

assistance: chest, arms and back

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM You can do more reps this set
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Rope Straight Arm Pull Down3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: legs and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Set 3-8: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: shoulders and chest

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets12 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

assistance: back and abs

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps if you can)
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Set: 50% of 1RM

assistance: arms and misc.

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM
2. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
3. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 2



ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM You can do more reps this set
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Rope Straight Arm Pull Down3 sets12 - 15 reps60s


ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Set 3-8: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets12 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps if you can)
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Set: 50% of 1RM

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM
2. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
3. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 3



ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM You can do more reps this set
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Rope Straight Arm Pull Down3 sets12 - 15 reps60s


ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Set 3-8: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets12 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps if you can)
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Set: 50% of 1RM

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM
2. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
3. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Week 4



ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 60% of 1RM Set 2: 70% of 1RM Set 3-5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM You can do more reps this set
2. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)
8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 65% of 1RM
3. Machine Bench Press3 sets12 reps60s
4. Barbell Biceps Curl
Barbell Biceps Curl
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
5. Cable Triceps Pressdown
Cable Triceps Pressdown
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
6. Rope Straight Arm Pull Down3 sets12 - 15 reps60s


ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Squat9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Sumo Deadlift8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 45% of 1RM Set 2: 55% of 1RM Set 3-8: 65% of 1RM
3. Leg Extensions3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
4. Lying Knee Raise (on floor)3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Standing Barbell Military Press (AKA Overhead Press)9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press8 sets6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Set 2: 45% of 1RM Remaining Sets: 55% of 1RM
3. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets12 reps60s
4. Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Deadlift9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM Set 9: 60% of 1RM (You can do more reps if you can)
2. Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
Crossed-Arm Barbell Front Squat
8 sets5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 4, 6, 8 reps60s
Set 1: 30% of 1RM Set 2: 40% of 1RM Remaining Set: 50% of 1RM

ExerciseSetsRepsRestNotes
1. Barbell Bench Press9 sets5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 reps60s
Set 1: 70% of 1RM Set 2: 75% of 1RM Set 3: 85% of 1RM (1+) Set 4: 80% of 1RM Set 5: 75% of 1RM Set 6-7: 70% of 1RM Set 8: 65% of 1RM
2. Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl3 sets12 - 15 reps60s
3. Rope Pressdown3 sets12 - 15 reps60s

Date Created: 2/10/20, 7:02 AM


Last Updated: 9/12/20, 9:39 PM

Similar Workouts

More Workouts by Jim Wendler and n_suns.

Similiar split workouts

Workouts with similar equipment

5 day workouts that are 47 minutes

Workouts with similar exertion and cardio intensity

Find your perfect workout

Answer a few questions and find a workout plan personalized to you.